Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
- Equipped with a unique and removable P.A.C. (Portable Accessory Carrier)
- Comfortable seating with adjustable foot braces and protective thigh pads
- Hands-free electronics console
- Paddle and water bottle holders
- Shock cord deck rigging
- ***IMPORTANT – phone number is needed to schedule a delivery appointment***
More Kayaks To Choose From
- ESSENTIAL MARINE SAFETY GEAR: The Compact Throw is Level Six’s simplest and smallest rescue line throw bag, an essential piece of safety equipment for kayaks, canoes, docks and marine use featuring 16m (52.4’) of high-vis floating rope in a lightweight, bright orange, self-draining, 600d nylon bag with webbing clip.
- 52’ HIGH-VIS FLOATING ROPE: The Compact Quick Throw features 16m (52.4’) of tough, 1/4" dynamic polypropylene floating rope with a 24% elongation stretch threshold and a 2 KN (440lb) breaking strength.
- WEBBING ATTACHMENT CLIP: Webbing belt clip allows for easy attachment to a belt, canoe gunwale, kayak lash point, SUP board, backpack, inflatable raft or dock ring.
- The Intex Challenger K2 Kayak is sporty and fun with a streamlined design for easy paddling
- The bright green color and sporty graphics make the kayak highly visible in the water
- 2 86 inch aluminum paddles and an Intex high output pump for easy inflation and deflation
- Comfortable for anyone: Kayak includes an adjustable inflatable seat with backrest; Cockpit designed for comfort and space
- Dimensions: Inflated size 10 feet 3 x 3 feet x 1 feet 8 inch; Maximum weight capacity: 400 pounds
- Directional stability: Removable SKEG for directional stability
Last update on 2022-06-11 at 19:01 PST/ Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Buying a New Kayak
Comfort is definitely the most significant thing it is best to take into account if you are purchasing a new kayak.
If you are thinking about purchasing a new kayak, you'll find several matters that you should undoubtedly consider before you go out and in fact commit the cash. The very first issue you ought to figure out is whether you understand what you’re getting into. If you’ve only ever employed rental kayaks, then you may possibly desire to buy a kayak that is similar to the varieties that you have used in the previous.
The very first point it is best to think about is whether it will likely be quick to suit your needs to have in to the cockpit sporting the outfits that you’re thinking about sporting kayaking. Huge persons should really ensure that the kayak they may be acquiring features a great deal of space for them to obtain in - you don’t need to discover that you cannot effortlessly get in and from your kayak when you are already in the seashore. If in any respect attainable, you ought to see if you can at the very least attempt acquiring into the kayak prior to you buy it. How very well the kayak will take care of in numerous water conditions is a further major matter that you simply really should contemplate. If you’re not likely to be capable to control your kayak when you are over the water, then there is no level in acquiring that unique model of kayak. This is often another purpose why it is best to see if you're able to check out the kayak that you’re thinking of acquiring before you truly shell out for it.
If you are not absolutely sure whether you will be permitted to try out a kayak just before you purchase it, then you’ll most likely desire to talk to a friend who could have that style of kayak. The best issue to seem for in a kayak is whether it is just like (or the same as) kayak you have already been capable to use. If you’re contemplating buying a new kayak which has a rudder or skegs, you then really should also look into trying out the rudder 1st. That way, you will have the capacity to see whether the rudder moves nicely. If your kayak has a faulty rudder, or when you think that you won’t have the capacity to function the rudder as easily as you’d like, then you definitely ought to likely search at yet another kayak.
Something you ought to constantly understand, nonetheless, is right up until you have truly brought the kayak with you on the significant trip, you might in all probability not know specifically how well it will eventually take care of in excess of an extended time period of time. This means that while you happen to be attempting to be sure that you get the precise kayak that you just want, it is normally achievable that you could possibly be shocked. The simplest way to stay clear of it when you’re purchasing a new kayak, nonetheless, will be to try to discover a seller who'll allow you try out the kayak prior to you commit to purchasing it.
A few decades in the past there were two to 3 designs of Kayaks accessible. Do not be shocked if these days you go inside the marketplace to uncover 50 unique ultra specialized Kayaks.
The evident very first question is what form of kayaking will you do? Basically there's river, lake, and sea kayaking. River kayaks are incredibly quick and hard boats meant for maneuverability along with the abuse of whitewater rapids. Sea kayaks are sleek and light and are made for cruising. Then you will discover basic kayaks which can be applied on sea lakes.
There are actually three basic kinds of kayaks so far as structure and materials are concerned.
Rigid kayaks are manufactured from plastic, wood or carbon fiber. They are commonly essentially the most inexpensive and are they are probably the most well-liked also. Plastic boats are hard and reliable but when damaged may be very difficult to fix. Fiberglass boats are extra expensive than plastic but injury is easily repaired, these are also pretty light.
For kayak fans who enjoy aesthetics and attractiveness, you may choose to appear at some wooden boats; they are really carefully crafted and quite stunning kayaks. There are kits offered for folks who are ready to build their very own.
A folding kayak is usually made from wood or aluminum. Their costs usually are substantial, however they tend to final longer, and are also rather uncomplicated to keep.
Inflatable boats present superior portability and storage room. They may be usually the least pricey kayaks you may buy. Kayak fans for whom storage and transportation is usually a big situation will discover a fantastic solution in these boats.
Another alternative to ponder is whether or not to select a single-passenger or double-passenger kayak. The two have their particular strengths and drawbacks. For any entertaining relatives journey, the double kayak is fantastic. It really is fast and steady but lacks the maneuverability of a single Kayak.
Just after deciding within the design of kayak you want to purchase, price tag becomes a big aspect in identifying precisely which model to order.